Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

To a good man

I definitely got lucky when I met this wonderful guy. Not only did he wear cowboy boots & wranglers, but he totally swept me off my feet & continues to do so still. In trying to think of one of the top reasons why I'm thankful for my husband there are just too many to choose just one. The list goes on and on. So, I'm going to tell you one of the reasons that I think sets him apart & makes him the perfect guy for me. He is creative. I know, you're thinking, "Creative. Really? That's all you've got?" Let me explain. If you don't know me, then you don't know how much I love to make things. Being creative & crafty is what gets me through the day to day. It's what takes my mind off my troubles & problems. As my Stake Relief Society President always says, "Everybody's got stuff." You may not know it by looking at me, but I've got stuff, too, & being creative gets me out of my head where I tend to obsess over my stuff. So, to have a husband that also loves to be creative is a huge blessing to me. He doesn't think I'm crazy when I say, "Hon, can you help me with a project?" or "I want to make this, can you help?" He helps out, & sometimes even offers ideas to make it better.
Aside from not thinking I'm insane for all the projects I take on, he also does one of the things I do. When he sees something in a magazine, or online, or on TV that he would love to have, he says, "Wow! That's cool! I bet I could make that!" He builds things, fixes things & makes our home beautiful by creating things that we want or need. I think he can fix pretty much anything & I love it when he makes something specifically for me! So, you may not think being creative is something to be thankful for, but I thank Heavenly Father every day for blessing me with a man who loves to create & make things, because it is exactly what I need!

2 comments:

  1. I always thought Ammon was the bee's knees. (Don't tell him I said so, otherwise his ten gallon hat will never fit again :P)
    This picture of him gets me all smiley. You can feel the love he has in this photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ammon was always a winner with my roomies and myself too...How could he not be? He was so nice and GENUINE! Harder to find in a good guy! SOunds like you two are taking good care of each other and little Sharon! :-)

    ReplyDelete