Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

My Nerd in Shining Armor

I love my husband because he is just like what I imagined my husband would be like when I was little, dreaming of my "Prince Charming". A nerd. From the first time I met him, I was twitterpaited. I'm grateful that he's there for me through thick and thin. He always tells me I'm beautiful, whether or not I feel like it. He's fun to talk to about anything, and we love to banter back and forth, trying to say something more clever than the other. Kids love him because I don't think he ever really grew up himself :-) When he was still pursuing a firefighting job, the only thing holding him back really was a Paramedic certification. He couldn't work full time AND take the classes...they were a full time gig too. But every time I offered to work part time so he could do it, he said no. He knew how important it was for me to be home, and he could never let me do that. That's becoming less and less common among people today, so I count that as a blessing. He agrees with me on everything that matters: how we raise our children, financial decisions, the Gospel. And lastly, he loves to brag to others about me. It makes me feel special when his co-workers ask for my baked goods or blame me for them being in danger of failing their next PT test. :-) Sometimes I feel like my talents tend to go unnoticed, but Eddie makes sure that everyone knows how lucky he is. It's hard to have a low self esteem around that guy! Good thing he's mine for eternity, huh?

1 comment: