Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

General Conference: This time around

Our girls still don't understand why we sit and listen to people on the TV instead of going to church, so we're still learning in this area. A couple things we did:
* Each time someone new came to the pulpit, we told our 3 year old their name and she'd repeat it. If it was someone she already knew, we'd ask her who it was. We'd remind her that they were teaching us about things Jesus wants us to do.
* Made a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning. (30 minutes of quieter time)
* I painted the 3 year olds fingernails and toenails, teaching her to be still, while we listened on Saturday (30 minutes of quieter time)
* Let the girls twirl to the pretty hymns. Encouraged them to sing with us, and "I am a Child of God" was a sucess :-)
* Tried the whole coloring thing... but since they do that all the time, didn't work in maintaining quiet.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I failed miserably. Two sick kids and no husband.

    I love the nail painting idea...and we loved singing "I Am a Child of God" too!

    I also have some pages for Conference Bingo for when the kids are older. There are pictures associated with different topics and as your kids listen they listen for those words or topics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula,
    I love this blog idea. You are great! Thank you for inviting me. I hope I can contribute some good things. I can't wait to learn from you and other moms how to better teach Lucy and my other future children. Love ya.
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete