Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

General Conference: from a new perspective

I'm Amy Sprinkle. I only have one little girl right now who I affectionatly call Bromus so I don't have to put her name on my blog. This keeping a child entertained and interested in General Conference is new to me, but this is what I have to offer.

This is only the second General Conference have watched with a child, the first where she was really mobile and needed more attention. It is also the first where I had neither a T.V. or fast enough internet service to watch it at home. I decided to do the next best thing: go to Grandma's!

I decided I would get more out of the experience if Bromus was in a place where she could be comfortable, run around, and I could still listen to what's going on. I'm really glad I decided to do this because she ended up napping through lot of the sessions. I could put her down and let her sleep, something I couldn't do if I was in a church building. At the beginning of one session she sat on my lap for a little bit and I talked to her about what was going on. I think for an alomst 1 year old, that's one of the best things to do.

I have found, like Angela, that if I have questions I write down before Conference I get way more out of it. It's amazing. It helps me focus and learn what I need to do. This time as I watched more questions have come and les me to further study, it's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment