Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

R-E-S-P-


My typing fingers, like probably many of yours, were rendered font-less at this week’s topic.
Words like “easier” “proud” and the phrase “actually works” would not (and should not) be used in regards to my parenting.
Like Paula addressed, “As moms, sometimes we come down hard on ourselves and become our biggest critics.”
I’m one of those moms that is all for lowing the bar of expectations to a point I trip over the darn thing. With that attitude in mind and hefty amounts of satire, I share with you
the one thing I can count on getting me from day to day-
the thing that makes my job as a mom easier-
the thing I am proud of because it actually works . . .









Breathing.
r-e-s-p-i-r-a-t-i-o-n

I know, it sounds simple enough, right?
But you’d be amazed at how many mothers suffer from dyspnea.
(Not to mention your houseplants will thank you.)



One thing I've learned is that this isn’t a sprint we are running, ladies. It’s a marathon.
Pace yourselves and
breathe.
It will get you through it.

1 comment:

  1. You're a quick learner...much better than I was at your age.

    ReplyDelete