Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Picnics and Walks

There are a few things that I think I do pretty well- that help to save my sanity and keep me in touch with my children!
1. Picnics- I started doing these earlier this year- especially if it was gloomy outside. We just throw a blanket on the floor and set up our picnic. It's a great reward for my toddler- who absolutely loves being able to eat on the floor. She loves to help "set" the table by gathering all the necessary things for lunch. It's been a wonderful time that we can relax together over lunch. I do have a removable highchair- so I can keep my baby clicked in and he can sit with us!
2. Walking- Not only do I get some exercise in- but I use it as a chatting/teaching opportunity with my daughter. We live within a mile of 2 grocery stores- so we normally just walk there. I have her walk, which she enjoys, and I figure it gets her some good exercise! It's been really interesting to just talk with her and see what's running through her mind. Sometimes I think in the hecticness of life we neglect to really talk to our children- and this gives me a great outlet! My son normally sleeps during it- which gives him a great morning nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment