Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

What we do

Since I only have one child, one on one time is a bit easier to come by. But, that doesn't mean that I am always giving one-on-one time to my daughter. It's easy during the day to get busy with "things:" cleaning, organizing, cleaning, laundry, cleaning, errands, assigments, the computer, etc. I have to remind myself every day what is most important, namely, my daughter. So, when I take the time to spend time with her I like to just sit down with her & do whatever she is doing. She is very good at playing by herself right now (18 months old) but she loves to have someone to interact with. She likes it when I build things with the blocks so that she can knock them down. She also loves it when I dance around the living room with her. Basically, our one-on-one time is just whatever she wants to do at that moment. It could be reading a book, taking all the toys out of the toy box, watching birds out the window, or making a mess. Toys can be picked up, ripped pages can be taped, messes can be cleaned, but the moments I spend with my daughter are priceless & she will remember that Mom played with her & she loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you! The best way to spend time with S (16 months) is to do what she wants. That often leads us to play outside (or more recently) in the car.

    I think this is especially important when our kids get older. They need us to spend time with them doing what they are interested in, not just what Mom and Dad want to do.

    Plus, it's so much fun to see those smiles, hear those giggles, and watch them as they learn new things!

    ReplyDelete