Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Little helper

My little girl, S, is very interested doing whatever Mom and Dad are doing. We use the computer, she wants to use the computer. We drive the car, she wants to climb in and try to drive the car. The same is true for cooking. Whenever I start baking I make sure to find ways S can help. She gets extra measuring cups she can use. I also let her help dig into the flour bag (under supervision) with the measuring cup and dump it into the bowl. She gets to play with the spices while I am waiting to use them. I tell her what we are making. Her other favorite thing is to touch the dough when we are done. I think it's great she wants to help with everything so I make sure she has a chance to help. The mess she helps make can be cleaned up, but we'll have good memories doing stuff together. I think as she gets more siblings, it is an activity we can continue to do together that will be special Mommy-daughter time.

I really appreciate too what people have already said about just getting down and playing with your kids with activities they want to do. It really is that simple. Our kids love being with us just like we love being with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment