Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

S.O.S. (stop our stress!)

So, I'm really trying to reduce my stress levels to improve my health. Every time I think I'm doing good, something else just comes up and slaps a layer of stress onto my plate. My girls can be difficult sometimes. Most children are. So I've got a "list" of things to do when they are hitting the nerves and that's been helping. After all, they just want to be loved and shown that.
But what do you do when outside stressors start interfering with your new toned-down life? 
For example, I struggle in my ward. I feel like my callings are given to me with no directions on how to achieve success and no one will help me. I've spoken to leaders and either they disregard my concern, are just as stumped as myself, or they say they will get me the help I need---but don't. In case it's not clear, my girls and Eddie are my life. My current calling greatly interferes with my life. I am a (absolutely inexperienced) cub scout den leader...or an assistant to someone who is as confusing as Russian to a newborn turtle. I don't know what I'm doing AT ALL and everyone assumes I do. I'm never told what in advance we are doing, so I'm constantly unprepared. (Not that I don't ask, over and over) Our den meetings- 7 pm on Tuesdays. Same time as mutual. My husband works evenings... My girls go to bed at 6:30. Can't get a babysitter since everyone that could watch them is also at the church! So when my husband can't take an extended lunch, which he has only been able to do once, the girls are in my hands alone. Last Tuesday= NIGHTMARE! So my only choice I've been given... don't go to the pack mtgs until Ed's schedule changes back. Great. So what's the point?
(Would you believe they gave me this calling because my last one was too stressful! Ha!)
This is just one example of the many things that can throw me off...

So that's my question: 
Do you have anything you do to reduce the stress levels in your life/home? 
Because when mommy's happy, everyone else is happy.

1 comment:

  1. Exercise has always been a stress reliever for me, but recently I have been taking more time to study the scriptures every day during my daughter's nap. First thing when Brooklee goes down, I drop everything, gather my scriptures, journal and most recent General Conference Issue. Since I have been taking more time out of my day to study the scriptures instead of just trying to squeeze them in, I have felt an increase of patience and hope. I look forward to this time every day!

    ReplyDelete