Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Hey all- My name is Ronnie. Paula and I have been friends since our daughters were babies. I have a 3yr old daughter and a almost one year old little guy. I haven't been able to post yet- but one of my favorite things to do is cook- so I can't help but comment!

We LOVE rice at my house. I know that if I want a sure-fire recipe that they will gobble down it's got to be something with rice! I figured I'd share two of our favs- Stroganoff- from my mission in Brazil that my daughter loves (it may be becuase of the shoestring potatoes!)- and Fried Rice. Hope you enjoy these as much as we do!

****Brazilian Stroganoff ****

1lb chicken/steak

1 medium onion, chopped

1 clove garlic

½ small can of tomato paste

1 Tblsp ketchup

1 Tblsp mustard

1 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce

1 can “Nestle Media Crema (Table Cream- you can find it in the Mexican section- about $1.00 each)

Salt/Pepper

Butter

Shoestring potatoes (You can get these by the chips or make your own- last time I fried up grated potatoes and it was great!!)

Season the meat with salt and pepper. Cook the onion and garlic in butter and then add the meat. Cook well. Add the ½ can of tomato paste, ketchup, mustard, salt & pepper and Worcestershire sauce to the meat. Let mixture boil over low heat. Take pan off heat, and add the table cream.

Serve with shoestring potatoes over rice.

****Stir-Fried Rice****

Rice

Oil

Green onions (chopped)

Meat (chicken, pork, ham) cubed or thinly sliced

Frozen Peas

Egg (optional) beaten

Soy Sauce

Cook desired amount of rice until tender.

Meanwhile heat a small amount of oil in pan. Add meat and cook until lightly browned. Add cooked rice, peas and oil; cook over med. high heat (stirring frequently). Add egg slowly while stirring. Add soy sauce to taste. Cook until rice is has browned and peas are cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment