Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

A new topic!

I know, I know...it's been months, but I have an excuse. And it's a good one too!
See!














But I have a few topics I've been rolling around in my head and hope to get some response from those who still are following (crosses fingers)...

So one that I need help with-

What do you do when an acquaintance that you see often, keeps wanting to set up a time for a playdate with your kids and her kids, but (wait for it...) you don't want your kids within a block of her kids for one reason or another. How do you tactfully get her to let it go... or do you ever? What would you do? 
(I'm running out of excuses!)

3 comments:

  1. I guess it would depend on why you don't want your kids playing with her kids. If it's a problem that can be remedied by telling her, I guess you could try to explain. Otherwise, I'm not really sure how you would go about explaining why you don't want them to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it that you don't want your kids to play with her kids? or not at her house?

    i'd just tell her that the time / date she suggested doesn't work for you guys. no other explanation needed. if she asks when you can get together, let her know that with three kids, things come up quickly, so it's hard to schedule them in advance.

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had seen this topic sooner because boy did I have a problem with it and it was a massive blow out event!

    ReplyDelete